Thursday 1 November 2012

Seriously People......Seriously?????

Last night we ran around in the rain, collecting our  fair share of treats around the countryside. We returned home with frozen fingers and numb toes and dripping wet..........we'll thank "Sandy" for that, not just the usual dreary fall weather. While the kids sat in front of the fireplace.......rooting and gloating over their haul..........we sat in front of the tv.............and then it happened...............you know what I'm talking about.............the first CHRISTMAS COMMERCIAL..............I'm not kidding!!! I glanced at the clock, still Oct. 31.............where is the decency people??? Not even November and the first commercial hits. It was for a travel agency............now ok, if you are lucky enough to cruise through Christmas, maybe, maybe you need to book now??? However, did you need a commercial to tell you that? My guess is, if you plan to go on a cruise through the Christmas holidays, you've already planned it and bought your tickets. If not, you are waiting for a super deal............but you don't need the commercial to tell you that, do you?
Flash forward to this morning.............yeah, this morning............I open the paper............TWO Christmas shopping flyers!!! November 1st people..............not time for this yet!!! The Americans haven't even done Thanksgiving yet!!!
I guess it is never too early for them to start grabbing at our wallets. I guess they think if they wait too long, we might have given all our money to "the other guy".
Honestly, yes, I have started shopping already for Christmas. Months ago actually. But it is a little too early for "them" to start clawing at us for our dollars. SHEESH !!

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe all the Christmas already! I have a few presents already too but I am NOT decorating our house until Thanksgiving. I am enjoying our fall decor until then! Sorry you had a wet Halloween. We had really nice weather in ATL.
    Hailey @ Love, Laughter and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hailey I totally agree........let us enjoy the fall decor for a bit longer!! I took down all the Halloween stuff this morning. I'll wait til Nov.25th to start the Christmas decorating........til then, I'll just dream about it in my head!!!
      Connie

      Delete
  2. I'm halfway done shopping and counting down till we decorate, 22 days :)

    Following/commeting from the Mommy brain mixer! I hope you'll come and do the same :)
    http://fluffimama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Countdowns are great!! My kids count "how many sleeps" for everything!! I'll be over asap!!
      Connie

      Delete
  3. I am so far behind this year. I agree the advertising so early is nuts. If you are going to buy then you will and as for the cruise agency I agree that you would already know that as well. Sounds like ya'll had a wet but fun trick or treating. Following you via the Mommy Brain Mixer...hope you will follow me back at http://onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Know what is cool??? You are my 107 follower and I am your 107 follower!! Thanks for following!!
      Connie

      Delete
  4. I saw my first Christmas commercial about three weeks ago. It was Target. I hate that we've commercialized Christmas to the point that we've started to overlook Thanksgiving, but now that it's starting before Halloween, I'm floored. With that said, I'm half-way finished with my Christmas shopping already. I just don't care to see the commercials before I need to get out our winter coats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, we all know we have to shop for the holidays! I'm not opposed to that....I'm opposed to all the advertising way too early!!

      Delete