Friday 17 August 2012

My Vintage Find


I don't know why, but lately I have been "needing" glass butter dishes! And here it is, I finally have a vintage glass butter dish. Butter is sold all wrong here for this shape of a dish, but no matter..............I just cut up the brick of butter into 4 rectangles ! This particular dish came with the tin tray underneath, it just tends to make me nervous when I see the kids carrying it around to the table, the glass slips and slides on it. I may put the tin part away. This dish has made it through 48 years, and I don't want its existence to end here at my house. Love it........and thrilled with the "get"!! Do you have a favourite vintage piece in your kitchen? If so, what is it? Please share!!

6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty butter dish!! Love the roses! Happy weekend to you! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy weekend indeed!! I went to an estate sale today and got two more glass butter dishes!!! One rectangle and one round, both covered!!So excited!! Hope your weekend is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous piece! I just recently scored a stoneware crock for my kitchen that I am ecstatic about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love stoneware!! Always fun to get something great for the kitchen!!

      Delete
  4. Wow, this is so pretty!! Thanks for linking up!
    xo sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up! I'm a co-host over at Sandra's link up party! I love your butter dish! I have a similar one that I love too! :)

    ReplyDelete