Thursday 4 October 2012

Fall Favourites.....Candy Apples and Caramel Corn





 Canadian Thanksgiving is on Monday October the 8th! Oddly, we are not actually celebrating Thanksgiving this year.........however, we are having a huge family reunion on Saturday. I think there will be at least 50 people there. This event is potluck..............I am a little concerned about this..............I have to admit, I have been to many of these family potluck events, there is usually a great amount of variety and lots that I like. Sigh...........so far, the things  I've been told  will be there are not sounding so good, not good at all. Let me give you an example.......cooked red cabbage, turnip, pototo dishes, curried pears, cranberry salad, tolmin sweet apples. Hmmmmm, well, I do like pototoes. My brother is actually smoking two turkeys for this event, that should be yummy. So, I have to bring something that my kids and I will eat. Thus the above pictures................Candy apples and caramel corn!!!! Yummy!!! I will also be making yummy cupcakes and sourdough bread. I am sure the other things will be liked by someone..............I'm sure all the kids, and myself, will be devouring what I bring............the sugar!!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! Yep, I much prefer what you're making to the other options! Have fun this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it! Sugar really is the better option!!

      Delete
  2. You might be pleasantly surprised by the Cranberry salad. I had a similar sounding salad at Pizza Express once and it was the nicest salad I have ever tasted!

    I must try sourdough bread though - I've never had it.

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete